Since its construction in 1730, this fortification has been through many stages. Loacted in Cala Llonga, it was a strategic point with 4 cannons, a security force for a sergeant, 19 men and 3 gatehouses. It was used for defence purposes until 1878 when the military put it up for auction and it became private. After is was abandoned and almost a complete ruin, it was recovered by the Fundación Illes Balears and after a thorough renovation project it was opened to the public as a viewpoint. It is open to the public for free throughout the year.